Recipe by iggiewig
This absolutely beautiful, thick tomato soup will leave you wanting more! Perfect for little ones as it hides the goodness behind a smooth, red texture. No stock is used, just pure tomato, and it gives it a lovely flavour! If you use sundried tomatoes in oil, please rinse them. When I'm cooking this for my toddler, I never add salt.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and roughly diced
- 800 g chopped tomatoes, from a can (good quality)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 liter water (or more if you like it thinner)
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat pressure cooker on a medium heat without the lid on.
- Melt the butter and add pepper, onion and carrots, stirring occasionally until they are softening (approx 5 mins).
- Add potatoes, canned tomatoes, tomato purée, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, water and salt, if used.
- Stir, close and lock the pressure cooker, turn up high until pressure is reached then turn down to a medium heat and cook for five minutes at full pressure.
- Remove the pan from the stove and wait until it cools naturally before you take the lid off. You CAN use the cold tap to cool it if you're in a rush but I choose not to for flavour. Use a stick blender to blend it thoroughly, add more water if needed, and garnish with sour cream.