Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this for my mom's birthday and everyone loved it! Have it with a big glass of cold milk for an extra-special treat. This cake is nice and sweet but not too much with a yummy crunchy pecan topping! It will rise up very pretty in the oven and has a great flavor and texture.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray an 8 or 9-inch round pan with cooking spray and shake a little bit of flour all around in the pan to lightly coat the inside of pan with the flour.
- Sift together the 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl combine all topping ingredients except margarine, then cut in margarine until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for around 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve for a happy birthday breakfast or just when you're feeling decadent! :).
Excellent recipe! Made this for Christmas morning and it was gone by dinnertime.
This was wonderful had lots of yummy Blueberries.
This is awesome! Wish I could give it 10 stars. Your description says everything else. Thanks so much for this one. We will have it often.