Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I like to try using different things in banana bread. When I ask my friends their favorite, this one is always mentioned.
- 1. Set oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9x5 loaf pan with a tiny portion of the drippings.
- 2. Combine all ingredients except peanut butter cups on a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 3. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.
- 4. Pour into loaf pan.
- 5. Once everything settles, sprinkle nuts and reserved tablespoon of sugar over the top. Press down slightly.
- 6. Bake in oven for 60-65 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- 7. Let cool. Remove from pan.
Made for my Dad%u2019s Christmas basket. The banana flavor was really strong, kind of over powered the peanut butter flavor. May add more peanut butter/reese%u2019s cups next time. I left the nuts out. There was a lot of batter. Enough for a loaf pan & 12 muffins.
This banana bread was fantastic! It was very moist. I enjoyed the sugar and nuts on top. Very nice! The peanut butter cups really added great flavor to this bread. I usually use only 3 bananas in my banana bread. I think the extra bananas used in this recipe is what makes it so moist and yummy! I used about 10 small peanut butter cups to get a 1/2 cup. I also used walnuts but I think any type of nut would be good. I think I'll try pecans or peanuts next time. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe! I will be making it again.