Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very yummy peanut butter treat, great for a breakfast pick-me-up or afternoon snack. Kids and adults love them alike.
- 4 cups your favorite breakfast cereal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- Line 8 or 9 inch square baking pan with plastic wrap. Pour cereal into large bowl.
- In medium saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup. Stirring occasionally, bring to boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Pour over cereal; stir to coat. Press evenly into prepared pan.
- Cool about 15 minutes. Invert onto cutting board; remove plastic wrap. Cut into bars.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Prepare as in step 1, above. In 2-quart microwavable bowl combine sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. Microwave on High (100%), stirring twice, 3-1/2 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and sugar is dissolved. Complete as in steps 3 and 4, above.