1/1 Photo of Yummy Healthy Banana Bread
1 hr 20 mins
I made this recipe twice in 2 days as my friends and family all enjoyed it so much. It makes a moist, chewy yet soft bread/ cake with lots of banana flavour but not too sweet which suits my taste better. No eggs, no butter, no oil, quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven at 160 deg C (325 F). Grease 7X7" tin or a 9X5" bread tin. 7x7" cooks faster.
- 2Mix applesauce and sugar in a bowl. If using unsweetened applesauce, add about 2 tablespoons of sugar extra.
- 3Add bananas and mix. Add flour, salt, vanilla essence and baking soda. Mix quickly but thoroughly.
- 4Pour into tin. Sprinkle with some brown sugar and cinnamon powder. Put into oven immediately.
- 5Bake till a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean (A little mashed banana on the knife is ok as there's so much fruit. If in doubt, taste to see it doesn't taste of raw flour).
- 6Ovens vary so always check about 5mins before when you think it will be ready. About 50mins in a fan-assisted oven for 7X7" tin.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yummy Healthy Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 411.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g