Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Got this out of quick cooking years ago and it is a really easy, fast tasting meal. Tastes like a pot pie :) Also you can sub turkey for chicken and I use already cooked cubed chicken and it's great on game days..
- 1 (5 ounce) package scalloped potatoes mix
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- Set the potatoes aside.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- Place the contents of the scalloped potatoes sauce mix in a large bowl and sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Whisk in the water and soup.
- Stir in the chicken, carrots, celery and onion and potatoes.
- Put into the baking dish and bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Farenheit for 45-50 minutes or until the vegetables are tender).
This was really good and quick to get in the oven! I simmered the chicken in broth and then used that broth instead of the water in the recipe. Also used green onions rather than regular onions and followed the recipe the rest of the way. Cooked up perfectly in 47 minutes, everything was tender and the sauce thickened up nicely. Made for Lets P-A-R-T-Y 2011.
Just the ticket for the gazillion boxes of potatoes I have in the pantry. I also have a ton of celery and carrots so I can double up on the veggies too. A bag of frozen peas and carrots or mixed veggies would work too I think. Lots of yummy variations to consider. Thanks for the recipe!
I made this on 1/10/10 for the " Leftovers Challenge " in the Cooking Photo Forum. For the chicken I used leftovers from Double Dredge Fried Chicken ( of course the breading was removed :) ). Since neither my SO or myself like celery, it was left out. Other than leaving out the celery, the recipe was made as written. I do think that if this is made again, I'm using a low sodium soup. It was just a bit too much on the salty side for us. But other than being too salty, it was a very good "throw together " meal. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "