Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This dish is perfect for family meals, potluck, company, game day get-togethers or when you're just wondering what to make with ingredients in your pantry.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped fine
- 1 small green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 (3 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, , drained
- 2 cans tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown beef, onions and pepper; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and mix together well.
- Turn into 13x9x2 pan or 3 quart casserole.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until done (bubbly around edges).
- Let stand 5 minutes before eating.
Next time I would add some sour cream and maybe an oxo cube to liven it up. Overall very good. I used one pound of ground beef and that seemed plenty.
Great "comfort" food for a windy, rainy day. We enjoyed the nice blend of flavors although perhaps a little seasoning would add even more to this wonderful dish. Salt, pepper, garlic and maybe even a dash of red pepper flakes would enhance it nicely.
Wonderful - I used this for a church potluck - everyone loved it! I had some leftover and brought it to work for lunch the next day, everyone wanted to know what it was as it smelled so good after I warmed it up - I got requests for the recipe. This recipe will become part of my regular cookbook!