Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) english toffee-flavored candy bars, crushed
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a small baking dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Set dish in a larger baking pan.
- Place pan on oven rack and pour boiling water into larger pan, to at least 1 inch deep.
- Carefully slide rack back into oven.
- Bake 1 hour, until milk is thick and caramelized.
- Slice bananas and arrange on bottom of graham cracker crust.
- Pour caramelized milk over bananas and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Add confectioners' sugar and continue to whip until stiff.
- Spread over cooled caramel.
- Sprinkle with crushed toffee.
- Chill 3 hours before serving.
Yummy and sweet! So easy and bananas and caramel are meant to go together. Milk needed to cook longer for the right consistency. If you don't want to fool with a water bath, the sweetened condensed milk can also be done in a dip size crockpot. Just stir periodically with a whisk until it has the color and consistency of peanut butter.
This was a delicious recipe. It took me much longer to thicken and carmalize the milk, but it was worth the wait. Thanks for a great recipe!
This IS a good recipe, I have had the exact recipe given to me by a friend, except that she didn't put crushed toffee bars over hers. It sounds like a nice addition, and I think I'll try it! I found that another easy way to caramelize the sweetened condensed milk is to boil the can of condensed milk for 3 hours, being sure to check the water every so often and adding more to the pot when it starts to evaporate too much. It works like a charm! This recipe is indeed a keeper :)