Recipe by grandma2969
cake mix helps these go together quick
Top Review by enestvmel
I have to say it tasted very good, but it was a little too buttery on the bottom. I don't know what happened, but I followed exactly. My batter never got mealy like I was expecting. I added some flour to thicken it up some and then pressed and baked it for 15 minutes before I put the apples on. Also, the only thing I would change is to not use all the topping. That may be why the other review was that way. I would leave out about 1/4 cup. That way there won't be the extra powder on the top.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 large apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- measure out 2/3 cup of cake mix and set aside.
- combine remaining cake mix and melted butter till fine crumbs --
- press into bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan.
- lay apple slices to cover the crust --
- whisk together egg and sour cream and drizzle over the apples.
- combine reserved cake mix.brown sugar and cinnamon -- mix well.
- sprinkle over sour cream layer.
- bake at 350* for 20-30 min.