Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe online several years ago. I'm posting it with my own customizations.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 6 ounces milk
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown hamburger with brown sugar, salt (to taste), onion, and garlic.
- Add tomato soup and tomato sauce.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg noodles with cream of chicken soup and milk.
- In a 9x13 dish, place the hamburger mixture on the bottom, topped with half the cheddar cheese, topped with the noodle mixture, then finally topped with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Followed directions exactly. Found there were way too many noodles for our taste. Would make again using 8 to 12 oz. Good recipe overall. Just personal preference. Thanks for the recipe!
This recipe is pure comfort food. It was very easy to put together. I sauted the onions before adding the hamburger as everyone in my family likes their onions non crunchy. I only had an 8 ounce package of noodles and they were more than enough to fill the pan. My family really enjoyed it, we for sure will be making it again.