Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the recipe for delicious Chinese vegetables and sauce served in Ym Cha/Dim Sum restaurants. You can use broccoli, broccolini, choy sum, kai-larn, bok choy - whatever you prefer. You can use vegetarian oyster sauce for a vegan version.
- 700 g Chinese vegetables (1 bunch)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Remove stems from vegetables and cut into chunks.
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar in bowl and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Blanch vegetables in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water. Drain and place on serving plate.
- Heat peanut and sesame oil, and carefully pour over vegetables and gently toss to coat. Drizzle sauce over.