1/1 Photo of Yucatan-style Chicken Skewers with Papaya-Tomatillo Salsa
I have not tried this recipe but I am going to very soon. It sounded so delicious that I had to share it. This recipe does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 36 wooden skewers, soaked (6-inch)
For Yucatan Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For Papaya-Tomatillo Salsa
- 1For Salsa: In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the olive oil and process for 30 seconds.
- 2With motor running, add the oil through the feed tube and process until emulsified.
- 3For marinade: In a food processor, combine all ingredients except the olive oil and process for 30 seconds.
- 4With motor running, add the oil through the feed tube and process until emulsified.
- 5For chicken: Combine chicken and marinade in a zip-lock plastic bag.
- 6Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- 7Prepare your grill or broiler.
- 8Thread each piece of chicken onto 2 skewers flattening the meat so it stays flat on the grill.
- 9Grill about 4 minutes on each side until done, basting once on each side with extra marinade.
- 10Serve with the salsa and Margaritas.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yucatan-style Chicken Skewers with Papaya-Tomatillo Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 338.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g