1/1 Photo of You Asked for Chocolate Brownies
Chef #1186604's Note:
I created this recipe one day as a treat for my childrens' teachers. They had asked for chocolate so I created the most chocolaty brownies that I could and they have been a hit ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) box brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker Triple Chunk Hershey Brownie mix)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I use Hersey's)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 large egg
- 2 (9 1/3 ounce) packages chocolate bars (I use Hersey's milk chocolate)
- nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees for shiny metal pan or 325 degrees for a dark, nonstick or glass pan.
- 2Grease bottom of pan.
- 3Stir brownie mix water, vegetable oil, olive oil, chocolate chips and egg in medium bowl until well blended.
- 4Pour batter into bottom of pan. Spreading batter until even.
- 5Place brownies in oven to bake following the baking directions on the chart on the back of the brownie box.
- 6Once brownies are done cooking remove from oven and allow to cool slightly (2-5 min.).
- 7While brownies are cooling remove chocolate bars from packaging.
- 8place whole chocolate bars end to end on top of brownie until the entire brownie is completely covered (you may have to cut a few bars to fit).
- 9sprinkle optional topping on brownies.
- 10allow brownies to cool and enjoy.
- 11---for a double batch simply lower the heat by 25 degrees and cook for an extra 5-15 minuets until brownies are done.
- 12---Most of the directions for this recipe were taken from the back of the brownie box. I added more chocolate chips in the batter. I also substituted half of the vegetable oil for olive oil.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for You Asked for Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 126.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 3.9 g