Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I created this recipe one day as a treat for my childrens' teachers. They had asked for chocolate so I created the most chocolaty brownies that I could and they have been a hit ever since.
- 1 (19 ounce) box brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker Triple Chunk Hershey Brownie mix)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I use Hersey's)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 large egg
- 2 (9 1/3 ounce) packages chocolate bars (I use Hersey's milk chocolate)
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees for shiny metal pan or 325 degrees for a dark, nonstick or glass pan.
- Grease bottom of pan.
- Stir brownie mix water, vegetable oil, olive oil, chocolate chips and egg in medium bowl until well blended.
- Pour batter into bottom of pan. Spreading batter until even.
- Place brownies in oven to bake following the baking directions on the chart on the back of the brownie box.
- Once brownies are done cooking remove from oven and allow to cool slightly (2-5 min.).
- While brownies are cooling remove chocolate bars from packaging.
- place whole chocolate bars end to end on top of brownie until the entire brownie is completely covered (you may have to cut a few bars to fit).
- sprinkle optional topping on brownies.
- allow brownies to cool and enjoy.
- ---for a double batch simply lower the heat by 25 degrees and cook for an extra 5-15 minuets until brownies are done.
- ---Most of the directions for this recipe were taken from the back of the brownie box. I added more chocolate chips in the batter. I also substituted half of the vegetable oil for olive oil.