Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 ounces plain flour
- 1 egg
- 3 fluid ounces milk
- 2 fluid ounces water
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- make a"well" in the middle.
- break an egg into it and gradually incorporate the flour, milk, water and seasoning.
- put your muffin tins in the oven at a very high heat for about 10 or 15 minutes with the oil in them.
- the oil should be smoking when you take the tin out of the oven.
- pour the batter into the tins and put them in the oven for between 10 and 20 minutes.
- This depends on your oven, how well insulated it is, how hot it gets and many many other things.
- If you take them out and they droop, put them back in for another few minutes to crisp them up, and remember to leave them longer next time.
I've used many recipes over the years and this is the one. No hassle, and the best tasting and where so high every talked about them for days!! You haven't made Yorkshire until you've made these Yorkshires!!