Recipe by Ppaperdoll
It pains me to admit that I've discarded my grandma's yorkshire pudding in favor of this one from Delicious magazine. This one uses sparkling water as a secret (shhh!) ingredient. Yum, yum, I love yorkshire pudding!
- 20 g beef drippings or 20 g vegetable oil
- 100 ml full-fat milk
- 50 ml sparkling water
- 115 g plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C, gas mark 7. Put dripping or oil into the holes of a 6 hole muffin tin and place in oven 5 minutes until fat or oil is hot and smoking.
- While that's going on, mix milk and sparkling water in a jug. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Season eggs with salt and black pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the eggs with a whisk, gradually incorporating flour mixture as you go, adding milk mixture in stages until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer batter to a jug. Pour into the hot tins in equal portions, but not more than 3/4 full.
- Place in hot oven and cook without opening oven door for 20-25 minutes until big, big, BIG, and crispy! Serve hot.