Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tahini dipping sauce for breads, salads, falafel or to top meat and rice.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt or 1 cup middle eastern yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 small lemons, juice of
- 1 chopped scallion
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon green za'atar spice mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a food processor add all the ingrdients and the lemon juice and place the lid.
- Pulse on high and gradually add the olive oil until a nice creamy texture.
- Enjoy as a dipping sauce or as a food topper.
Great tasting dip, a must accompaniment with any Middle Eastern meal. I used bit more salt than in the recipe. There is a good recipe for the za'tar spice mix here on Zaar.
I made this earlier today and served it alongside some BBQ grills and salad. Delicious, particularly if like me you love the taste of tahina! I didn't have the spice mix mentioned so made without but still tasted authentic enough to me. Definitely a Middle Eastern favourite, thank you.
This sauce was incredible! I wasn't able to put in the main ingredient...Tahini...but it tasted great all the same :)