This recipe is crustless because my family prefers it that way, but you can easily add your own if you'd like. Simple and very tasty, the yogurt adds something special, and helps my little one who struggles with non fermented milk to digest easily. Amazingly there is no flour in this recipe, just make sure the spinach isn't runny still before adding it to the other ingredients. Adapted from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Warm oil in pan and cook onions for 5-10 minutes until translucent.
- 3Add the spinach, cover, and cook another 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted. Remove the lid and let the water evaporate a few minutes; if you used frozen spinach you may need to drain the water as well.
- 4In a medium sized mixing bowl, beat the eggs, yogurt, salt, nutmeg, paprika, and Spike together.
- 5Fold liquid mixture gently into spinach mixture, then add cheese and mix well.
- 6Pour into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate, and bake 40 minutes, or until center is set.
- 7Let the quiche sit to rest on the counter for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt Spinach Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.0
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g