Recipe by Steve_G
This is the most tender grilled chicken you'll ever have. The live cultures contained in the yogurt break down the proteins and leave it juicy and tender.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
I used Steve's method to cook chicken that I was then going to use in my chicken salad recipe because I wanted it to be really tender ... and this really works! (I also enjoyed his "Cook's Illustrated" style of explaining just why the chicken turns out so moist - I'm a sucker for a scientific explanation on these things.) Great method, Steve! I knew there had to be a reason for yogurt's existence, other than it makes me feel guilty that it's so healthy yet I don't really like it on its own ... LOL!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain yogurt (be sure it contains live cultures!)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (more or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (more or less)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (more or less)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sumaq (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except chicken-- adjust seasoning to taste (but don't get it too salty), place in a 1 gal zip-lock bag with the chicken.
- Toss to coat chicken Marinate for 48 hrs, turning over a couple times each day.
- Grill chicken on a clean, lightly greased grill over medium heat for 5 min a side, or until done.
- Remove from heat and let it set in a covered bowl for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Can also be done under a broiler on a rack.