Marvelous Middle-Eastern Marinated Yogurt Lemon Chicken
photo by ChandraSoleil
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- Mix the yogurt with the seasonings place in a plastic bag with the chicken. Marinate for 2 hours to overnight.
- Pound chicken in the bag with the marinade to 1/2 thick and grill, saute, skewer or bake until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Serve with rice or pasta and salad and enjoy!
I absolutely love this recipe! It is so easy to make! I usually just saute the marinated chicken in a frying pan with no oil, just some PAM Spray. The chicken comes out so moist. I have marinated for 2 hours and even just 1 hour and it still is great. Try adding ground turmeric (an extremely healthy addition to the marinade) Turmeric is a cancer fighter, and it gives great flavor the this chicken dish! It's awesome!
see 6 more reviews