Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from India. Posted for ZWT 2006. Great accompaniment to any meal, or on its own.
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 apple, peeled and chopped into a small dice
- Put yogurt in a bowl.
- Beat lightly with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
Mmmm, yummy stuff! :) Ive never ever eaten a wild combination of flavours like this, but it was very, very nice! The tangy yoghurt went really well with the spicy cayenne and the apple added a lovely sweetness. I ate this with a cucumber based salad and it was so enjoyable! I will surely make this again as it is also very easy and quick to whip up and a healthy alternative to mayo. Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag Game Octobre 09.