Recipe by Kimke
This is an incredibly delicious Ayurvedic tea that promotes healing in the body. Yogi tea is an excellent digestive and energy stimulant. It takes a while to make but is worth it!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Smells fantastic, tastes even better, I love the rich smoky aroma of this tea, and you can feel how good it is for you, incredibly comforting. I made this with rooibos tea, and I refrigerated after making it, (Step 8) since I'm the only one who drinks it, I simply warmed a cup at a time. Loved it. I drink my tea black with no sugar, my DH tried a little and said he would definitely drink it with honey, if he drank it, but not a tea lover! I'll make this again, lovely to keep me going over the weekend!! Thank you Kimke, lovely!
- 2 quarts water
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seed
- 1⁄2 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 5 slices fresh gingerroot
- 1 -2 black tea bags
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cinnamon sticks, cardamon, cloves, peppercorns, and ginger in the 2 quarts water in a large saucepan.
- Boil 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 2 hours.
- Add water as necessary.
- Remove from heat and let the concoction sit over night.
- Strain tea and discard all but the liquid.
- After heating the tea, add 1 -2 teabags of black tea.
- Steep one minute, then remove teabags.
- The black tea is an important healing catalyst in the tea.
- Store in fridge.
- Add milk and honey to taste.
- Is good hot or cold.