- 1⁄2 cup ghee
- 3 onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon kelp powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ghee in a 4-quart pot over a medium-high flame.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger and allowing this mixture to soften and lightly brown.
- Add the balance of the spices: garlic, pepper, turmeric, caraway seeds and red chilies and cook until well done.
- Add water and bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add kelp and tamari to taste.