Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are probably as many versions of this as there are Moms in the world. This is Candy's Mother's recipe.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn up
- 6 eggs, boiled, peeled and chunky diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 lb bacon, crumbled
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, Leisure brand works best
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- cheese, shredded
- In a 9x13-inch pan, start with a layer of lettuce, then hard boiled egg, celery, onion and bacon. Note: We buy the bacon already crumbled and use about 1 lb of that.
- Drain peas and layer on top of bacon.
- Spread Miracle Whip salad dressing over peas.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Note: Very forgiving recipe. We always add more bacon and sometimes substitute Ranch dressing for the Miracle Whip.
A very good salad. A nice variation on this type of salad. Will make this one again.
My fried made this. Instead of peas she use cauliflower (which I normally do not prefer) and it was delicious. She actually used lowfat miracle whip and was so happy when she gave me some to take home. she actually also omitted celery but I don't think it would have made a difference either way. Yummy!
I love this type of salad, and this one is delicious! I left out the celery so my DH could eat it. I didn't have enough Miracle Whip, so used some mayo, adding a pinch of sugar, and a spoonful of apple cider vinegar. I also used veggie bacon for this. Thanks so much Tom and Candy! I enjoyed adopting you for Pick a Chef!