Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been fascinated with yellow split peas lately. Cheap and easy to cook. I found this recipe somewhere on the internet. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm posting it for ZWT2.
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow split peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 500 g pumpkin, flesh cubed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place peas and onion in a pot with the stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then oil, cinnamon, ginger, saffron and pumpkin.
- Simmer until the pumpkin is cooked.