Mom 2 One's Note:
This recipe has been a Thanksgiving favorite for years. It's relatively easy to make, smells wonderful while cooking, and has a slightly sweet flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups yams (boil them whole and then peel and mash)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (use good quality vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 1Mix the first 5 ingredients together and pour into a glass baking dish.
- 2Smooth the mixture out with a wooden spoon or other utensil.
- 3Mix together the topping (it will seem dry) and crumble on top of the yams.
- 4Bake at 450 degrees for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yams With Brown Sugar and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.4
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 160.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 44.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g