Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this on foodbycountry.com. I'm posting it for ZWT 6. Iraq Middle East
Make and share this Yalanchi (Tomatoes Stuffed With Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut a slice from top of each tomato, about1/4-1/2-inch down.
- Core and finely chop remaining tops.
- Scoop out tomatoes with a spoon and turn upside down on paper towels to drain. Throw pulp and seeds away.
- Heat 2 Tblsp. oil in large skillet on medium to high heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add chopped tomato tops, raisins, pine nuts, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Mix gently until well blended.
- Fill tomatoes with mixture and set side by side in a greased baking dish. Drizzle with remaining oil on tomatoes so they are well greased.
- Bake in oven until tender but still firm, about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature for best flavor.