Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2005 Times are estimated.
Make and share this Yakitori Domburi recipe from Food.com.
- Mix soy sauce, mirin, gingerroot and garlic in medium glass or plastic bowl. Place chicken in soy mixture, marinate for 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving soy mixture.
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet until hot.
- Cook chicken over medium heat until brown on both sides and done, about 15 minutes.
- Heat water, sugar and reserved soy mixture to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; boil and stir 2 minutes.
- Stir in scallions (cut into 1/4 inch pieces green and white parts).
- Cut each chicken breast half into 6 diagonal slices by holding the knife or cleaver at a 45-degree angle to the cutting surface.
- Place 6 slices on rice in soup bowl.
- Spoon hot liquid over chicken.
I made this today for my boyfriend and myself while taking Toni's suggestion of using noodles except of rice. I really loved it but the biggest surprise was when my boyfriend, who usually thinks of eating as something we do to survive, said that he liked and even enquired what's in it. It's a hit!
This was wonderful and quick. I replaced the white rice with soba noodles and tossed in some green beans and julliened carrots to make this a one dish meal. Would also do well with snap peas. The broth is a nice combination of sweet and spicy certain to please even picky eaters. Thanks.
This was a really fast and easy stir fry. I did sub beef for the chicken, for some reason chicken makes my pregnant body sooo ill. Nice for a fast meal. No pic cause i thought the beef pic might confuse some people! :)