Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from a small village in Yunnan Province, China called Duan Jia Deng.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 ounces thick slab bacon, cut into 1/8 inch matchsticks
- 10 ounces matsutake mushrooms or 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 Thai green chili, stemmed thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- kosher salt, to taste
- cooked rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a 14 inch flat-bottomed wok or high-sided skillet over high heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, until its fat renders and it is crisp (5 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and chiles and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms release their moisture and soften (4 minutes).
- Add scallions and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant (1 minute). Season with salt and divide between two shallow serving bowls; serve with rice.