Prep 18 mins
Cook 13 mins
4 points per serving
- cooking spray (2 sprays)
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, such as Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons non-fat coffee creamer, such as half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup canned cannellini beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- cooking spray (1 spray)
- 1 medium lemon, quartered
- Coat a 10-inch skillet coated with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and sauté 1 minute; stir in spinach. Cook until spinach is hot and liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add feta and Parmesan cheeses, creamer, beans, pepper and lemon juice to skillet; stir until well-combined.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spinach mixture on half of each tortilla; fold tortillas in half to enclose filling.
- Recoat skillet with cooking spray. Place 2 folded tortillas in skillet and brown over medium heat, about 2 to 3 minutes per side; set aside and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Cut each tortilla in half to form quarters. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Yields 2 quarters per serving.
This was good and very easy to make. I used more spinach (had 16 oz, so used it all), fat-free feta and whole grain tortillas. My only complaint is a small one -- even taking into account that I used more spinach, a 10" skillet is a little on the small side to properly accomodate all of the ingredients. I'll use a larger skillet next time to avoid getting spinach goop all over my stove trying to stir the mixture. DW said she would have liked more cheese although she would say that if I topped a pound of cheese with a little spinach mixture *LOL*. That being said, she balked at the idea of using feta, so I guess the fact that she asked for more cheese means that she actually liked the taste of feta. Definitely a make again.