Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is so good and easy to make too! It's one of my favorites. Pure comfort food.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1⁄8 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth (I use bouillon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wondra Flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and pour enough water to cover potatoes. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes, transfer to a large bowl and add sour cream, margarine and milk; mash until smooth, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, brown hamburger and onions together in sauce pan. Drain fat.
- Add can of tomatoes (do not drain) and beef broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add enough Wondra to cover and boil until slightly thickened. Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer beef mixture to a casserole dish.
- Spread green beans over the top.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top of green beans.
- Bake 40 minutes.