Recipe by Lizzie Rodriquez
Top Review by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
While the flavors made a good combination, we found the pizza really dry. The only thing I can think of that might have caused that was I only had one onion. Maybe having two would have helped. I really think though if I used the sauce from Recipe #1005 we would enjoy it a whole lot better. I did use that dough recipe. I also used a low fat Feta cheese since I was serving another pizza with Gorgonzola on it & wanted some variety. I can't wait to try it again with sauce. Thanks for posting!
- 2 large vidalia onions, very thinly sliced
- 12 ounces pizza crusts
- 10 medium sun-dried tomatoes, without oil
- 3 ounces hard cheese, Gorgonzola
- 10 pieces spinach, washed and dried
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick pan with cooking spray. Warm pan over medium heat. Add onions and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion browns and become very fragrant.
- Meanwhile, prepare pizza crust for baking according to package directions. Mince tomatoes and crumble cheese. Tear spinach into pieces. Preheat oven to 425.
- Spread caramelized onions on pizza crust and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and add tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 3 more minutes. Season with pepper and serve.