Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from a Hellmann's Mayonnaise ad in the paper. I thought I was eating mashed potatoes!
- 1182.95 ml cauliflower florets
- 1419.0 ml water
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 59.14 ml hellmann mayonnaise
- 1.23 ml salt
- Steam cauliflower and garlic for 15 minutes or until tender, drain well.
- Blend or food process together the cauliflower, garlic, mayo and salt until creamy.
Fast, easy and delicious. Mashed cauliflower has grown very popular recently and this is yet another delicious was to serve it. This version really showcases the flavor of the cauliflower itself. I used a 1 pound bag of frozen cauliflower instead of fresh.
My picky eater doesn't like cauliflower, but does like this. I use less mayo and more garlic, lots more garlic. I also use my immersion blender, very easy. For fun, I used a purple cauliflower. I didn't expect to stay a vibrant purple, but it did. I think kids would like the purple food.
I followed the recipe and liked the results, but decided to add 1/2 cup sour cream and some ground black pepper. I made this for a small dinner party and kept it warm in a small crockpot topped with butter. It went very well with grilled salmon, and everyone gave the recipe 5 stars.