Passionfruit Cheesecake Unbaked - Low Low Carb
- Ready In:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 (170 g) passion fruit pulp
- 1 (1 ounce) packet gelatin
- 2 (250 g) cream cheese spread
- 1 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 40 ml hot water
- Pre-heat oven 180 degrees.
- Paper lay the bottom of a round baking tin that has the removable top ring.
- BASE: Separate eggs – beat egg whites till half stiff add sugar and beat until stiff peaks & glossy.
- Fold in almond meal, vanilla essence and egg yolks until its blended – don’t beat.
- Pour the mixture in the tin for baking. And cook for around 20 mins and prick with a skewer to ensure it is cooked through.
- FILLING: Whip the cream until stiff and place in fridge.
- Mix the lemon and gelatine together, add the hot water until dissolved.
- Place ½ can of the passion-fruit into a saucepan or small pot on stove medium heat until it starts to just boil then quickly add half of this to the gelatine mixture to loosen and then place the gelatine mixture back into the pot and allow to come to a slight boil and remove from heat. With a strainer pour the mixture into a cup & allow to cool. Be sure to discard the seeds from this mixture as we only want the juice.
- Beat together the cream cheese & sugar until smooth add remainder of passion-fruit pulp add the cream and beat on medium speed. Whilst beating slowly pour the gelatine mixture until all is blended well.
- Your filling is now ready to pour onto your base (base must be cooled) I keep it in the cake tin and place it in fridge covered with a plastic bag.
- Any left over filling eat it and enjoy until the cheesecake is set the next day.
- Day after - Get a thin knife of butter spreader and run it along the wall to separate the cheesecake from the tin cut yourself a massive piece and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!