Low Carb Japanese Curry
photo by Chef Jewel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon (You could use 3 cups of Chicken broth and omit the water as well)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot, dissolved in
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large fresh cauliflower, grated
- In a bowl add 3 cups of water and add the bouillon if using broth just measure out 3 cups.
- Slice the remaining two onions very thinly.
- Heat butter in another pan and saute onion slices until they are brown for 15-20 minutes add coconut oil midway through cooking time.
- Add the garlic and the ginger to the pan and saute well.
- Add flour, curry powder and garam masala saute over low heat.
- Slowly pour the broth into the pan, little by little, stirring quickly.
- Simmer the curry roux until thickened.
- In a saute pan saute chicken until lightly browned about 15 minutes add to curry mixture and simmer for an addition 20 minutes over medium low heat.
- grated the cauliflower and steam in the microwave for 5 minutes WITHOUT water.
- Serve curry over cauliflower and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Homebase Entrepreneur. For fun I enjoy traveling to new places...I try to collect cookbooks where ever I go even to another state. My favorite cookbook the one my mother put together before she had her stroke. So Flo-Flo's Food for the Soul. Pet peeves...people who don't even try to cook!