Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A surprisingly easy, healthy and tasty dinner for just 3 weight watcher points plus.
- 1 spray cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cod, four 5 oz pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained (squeeze spinach to remove excess water)
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Season fish with salt and black pepper, and put fish in pan.
- Combine spinach, sour cream, onion and garlic powder; and stire until evenly mixed (A food processor would give a smoother and more finished looking result)
- Spread spinach mixture evenly over cod in pan. Cover pan with foil and bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake until fish is fork-tender, about 5 minutes more. Yields 1 piece of cod, about 1/3 cup of spinach mixture.
- A side dish of sliced and steamed summer squash would be a nice accompaniment.