Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great summer pasta salad and it has only 8 points for 2 cups. Makes a great leftover lunch dish also. Cooking time does not include chill time.
- 3 1⁄2 cups small seashell macaroni, cooked without salt and oil
- 3 cups small fresh broccoli florets
- 1 3⁄4 cups trimmed fresh snow peas
- 1 2⁄3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine vinegar and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
- Pour dressing over pasta mixture; toss gentle.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
What a tasty easy dinner. I left out the hot sauce and swapped out mushrooms and cherry tomatoes for the bell peppers, and I think you could really switch things up depending on what you like and what is in the house. The sauce was delicious, though I decided it needed a full recipe of sauce even though I cut the rest of the ingredients in half. I tried it as-is for my first helping, but added some shredded parmesan and chopped pecans to my seconds, and liked it a bit more that way.
This made a very filling and delicious dinner last evening. I didn't have the red pepper but it was still more than wort the making. An excellent variety of veggies and flavors that are most satisfying, So glad that I gave this a try and I'll be making it again.
With the ingredients for this salad already in my kitchen, putting this salad together was so easy! I actually fixed a double batch so that my other half could have some to take to work the next day, & I'd have a bit to eat as well! Thanks for this wonderful pasta salad recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag]