Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the www.weightwatchers.com website: "Tart Granny Smith apples and dried cranberries are baked under a crisp coating of oats, cinnamon and brown sugar. The result is not overly sweet so it's perfectly suited for breakfast or a light dessert."
- 4 medium granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar, granulated
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, unpacked
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice and granulated sugar; toss to combine. Place apple mixture in bottom of a 9-inch pie plate; sprinkle cranberries over top and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, margarine and cinnamon; mix with a fork or your fingers until mixture is combined and crumbly. Sprinkle crumb mixture over apple mixture.
- Bake until filling is bubbly and top is golden brown, about 50 to 55 minutes. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
An easy, yummy, and guilt-free dessert to enjoy! I've made it a couple times already. I did reduce the 3 tbsp of granulated sugar to 2 tbsp and it was still sweet enough. Thanks for sharing.