Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From WW Healthy Lifestyle Cookbook
Make and share this Ww 4 Points - Iced Apple Turnovers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In 1-quart saucepan combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, set aside.
- On work surface, roll pie crust into a 16x8-inch rectangle.
- Cut rectangle into eight 4x4-inch squares.
- Spoon an equal amount of apple mixture into each square.
- Fold square in half, forming a triangle.
- Using tines of fork, press edges to seal.
- Arrange turnovers on nonstick baking sheet and bake in middle of center oven rack until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack and let cool.
- While cooling, prepare icing.
- In small bowl, combine confectioners sugar, orange peel, and 1 tsp water, mixing to form icing.
- Decoratively drizzle icing over turnovers.
I just loved this treat. Like usual I scaled down this recipe to use one apple and I made a scaled down version of one of thoses "no fail" pie crusts made with oil. I made 2 tasty large turnovers with my over grown apple. Also to speed things up I but the apples in the microwave to cook instead of using the stove top. I did use a little more splenda in place of sugar and a bit more cinnamon. Even tho I sclade down the recipe I kept the icing the same and it sure was tasty. The oragne zest really brings something to this dish. Took about 12 minutes to cook since mine were larger. Great recipe!