Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
From WW magazine
- 1 (15 lb) whole turkey, thawed
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 bunch parsley sprig
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 5 -6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Arrange the oven racks to accomodate the turkey.
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Remove the neck and giblets from the body and neck cavities and reserve for another use.
- Rinse the turkey and drain; pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the inner cavities with the garlic and season with 1/2 tsp of the seasoned salt.
- Place the remaining garlic and the onion, parsley, thyme, and sage in the body cavity, and truss if desired.
- Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan.
- Brush all over with the oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tsp seasoned salt and the pepper.
- Roast, basting occasionally with the pan juices, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 180*F, about 2-3/4 to 3 hours.
- If the breast begins to brown to quickly, cover it with foil.
- Transfer the turkey to a platter.
- Remove the garlic, onion, and herbs from the cavity and discard.
- Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15-20 minutes before carving.
- Remove the skin before eating.
- 4 Points per serving - 3 one ounce slices of skinless meat.