Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I adore this recipe which I have been taught in Pune by Yamin Shaikh. You have to try it to know how good it is!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 liter fresh milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 green cardamoms
- 8 cashews, chopped
- 8 almonds, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chironji
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice in a pot of water. Do not drain.
- Boil milk in another pot. Drain the excess water from the rice and add it to the boiled milk. Fold in the dry fruits.
- Allow to cool. Add sugar and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a small pan. Add cardamoms and allow to cook in the ghee for 20-30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Pour in a tadka prepared of ghee with cardamoms.
- Serve hot/chilled.