Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I hate sloppy joes. These are the only ones I'll eat! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Easy, fast, from scratch recipe.
- Cook hamburger with onion and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add spices, leaving bay leaves whole, but folding them in gently.
- Put lid on and reduce heat, simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add a touch of water if you like your mix a little looser.
- Serve on buns with fresh onion and tomatoes, dill pickle if you like.
Ok. This was great. And boy, did I not do it right. I was CERTAIN I had chili sauce to use in place of the ketchup. WRONG-O! I had cocktail sauce. I put it in anyway. Delish! The curry powder adds another dimension. I used 1 whole tsp. Served it over garlic bread that I get from a local watering hole here on my island.
My family really liked these, with the curry added, it surprised me how good it made it. Thank you.
Awesome. I cant wait to make these for our super bowl party.