Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is THE BEST cheesecake ever. Everyone I know who has eaten it swears it's the best they've ever had. You will love it and it is so easy to make too! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese (liquid drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Melt ½ cup butter.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and ½ cup melted butter; mix well.
- Press graham cracker mixture onto bottom and about 2-1/2 inches up the sides of a 9x3-inch spring form pan.
- Sift flour and cornstarch together; set aside.
- Melt ½ cup butter; cool.
- In mixer, combine ricotta and cream cheese; beat until smooth.
- Add sugar ½ cup at a time scraping bowl if necessary to get it all mixed in well; beat for 30 seconds to thicken up after last of sugar is added.
- Blend in vanilla, lemon juice, cornstarch, and flour; mix well.
- Add sour cream and melted butter; mix well.
- Add each egg one at a time, beating each one in well before the other is added.
- Beat for 30 seconds scraping bowl well to make sure that all batter is blended properly.
- Wrap the outside of the spring form pan in TWO layers of aluminum foil.
- Pour batter in to spring form pan.
- Place spring form pan into larger roasting type pan and fill roasting pan with water until it comes HALFWAY up the spring form pan’s sides.
- Bake for 1 hour, turn oven off and leave it in the oven untouched another 45 minutes.
- Your cheesecake is PERFECT when it is very lightly browned and has a 2-3 inch wobbly spot in the middle after baking.
- Remove from oven, remove foil, cool completely, then refrigerate over night.
- To serve: carefully remove sides of spring form pan, slice and serve cold with topping of your choice.
This would have been a good cheesecake but the middle was under cooked and I left it in the oven longer than recipe called for. Made this for holiday dinner?.big mistake. Sorry AZRozy63?not happening