Casey's BBQ's Note:
! DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A STOVE TOP SMOKER! This is a great sweet tasting turkey. Every one I have ever made this for has loved it--even people that do not like turkey or just don't like dark meat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 turkey legs
- 4 tablespoons dry rub seasonings
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 4 tablespoons wood chips
- 1USE Maple, Apple, and or Cherry Wood Chips.
- 2Clean the legs under cold water. Pat legs dry cover legs in dry rub. Store in refrigerator for approximately 2 hours.
- 3Take legs out of refrigerator add a mixture of dry rub and 1/4 cup of apple juice. Pour over legs and refrigerate for another 22 hours, flipping the legs every 2-4 hours to marinate the legs evenly. You don't have to wake up and take care of them overnight.
- 4Set up your stove top smoker with 1/2 the wood chips. Place the turkey legs on the rack leaving as much space between each leg as possible and not touching the sides.
- 5Close the lid tightly and place over medium heat for 1 hour.
- 6Carefully open the top--do not burn yourself--remove legs.
- 7Put additional wood chips in, making sure when you put the turkey legs back in to have them flipped over from where they were when originally cooked; close smoker.
- 8Cook for the remaining hour on medium heat.
- 9Let cool down a bit. Served warm or cold, it is such a treat--the sweet taste of home smoked turkey!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wood Smoked Turkey Legs (Stove Top Smoker)
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2364.6
- Calories from Fat 987
- Total Fat 109.7 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 1158.7 mg
- Sodium 1208.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 318.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry rub seasonings