Wonderful Mushroom Barley Soup
- Cut bacon into 1/4 in pieces.
- In a 6 oz or larger pot, put bacon, onion, and garlic. Stir once and a while, cooking for about 3 minute.
- Meanwhile, cut mushrooms in half.
- Add mushrooms and cook until the pot is almost dry, 5 min or so.
- Then add tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Now add broth, barley, oregano, and water. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 or 15 minutes, until barley is tender.
- If you wish, add more water to thin soup. At this time, add vinegar and salt and pepper.