Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Everybody loves this fruit salad! I am not even a huge lemon fan and it's my favorite!
Make and share this Wonderful Lemon Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄3 ounces lemon cook & serve pudding, please DO NOT use instant I have tried it before and it tastes totally different
- 3 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 -2 apple, use red skinned to give color and sweet taste, I like gala and red delicious
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- pecans, chopped (optional)
- Cooling time not included.
- In a medium saucepan stir pudding mix, sugar, 1/2 c water and egg yolks until combined; stir in remaining water.
- Stirring constantly,bring to a full boil (boils even while being stirred) remove from heat and pour into your serving bowl, let cool, stir about every 20 minutes. If I am in a hurry I will speed up the cooling process and put in the fridge.
- When cool add drained fruit cocktail, apples and bananas, stir to combine.
- Serve right away or store in fridge until ready, top with cool whip and if desired chopped pecans.