Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Hubby adores coconut cream pie. I make pies seldom but this one always puts a huge grin on his face and a bunch of kisses on mine. Not a bad deal all in all. I found this years back but I couldn't begin to remember where.
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use as much as you like on top)
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with whipped topping, and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Note: To toast coconut, spread it in an ungreased pan and bake in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Delicious coconut cream pie! The crust did crack a little after being chilled in the refrigerator for several hours but I just covered it with cool whip and it looked fine. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag cooking game.
Loved making your very, very tasty pie! So easy to do, & with the delicious taste of toasted coconut it was wonderful! The 1 cup of whipped topping was plenty for us, & topped with additonal coconut it was well worth keeping just for the 2 of us to enjoy! Well-worth making again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]