Recipe by Annacia
My Hubby adores coconut cream pie. I make pies seldom but this one always puts a huge grin on his face and a bunch of kisses on mine. Not a bad deal all in all. I found this years back but I couldn't begin to remember where.
Top Review by linguinelisa
Delicious coconut cream pie! The crust did crack a little after being chilled in the refrigerator for several hours but I just covered it with cool whip and it looked fine. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag cooking game.
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (or use as much as you like on top)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine half-and-half, eggs, sugar, flour and salt.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Pour into pie shell and chill 2 to 4 hours, or until firm.
- Top with whipped topping, and with remaining 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Note: To toast coconut, spread it in an ungreased pan and bake in a 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.