Recipe by bunz aka Pat
If you like Chili , and you like sweet and sour ,,, You,ll love this It,s a combination of both A must try . a recipe I came up with many years ago, ( In my creative years ) Tip:: it may dry out as baking if so you may need to add a little water 1/2 cup or so I find as I do each step I add it right into a roasting pan to save time
Top Review by kellychris
My whole family enjoyed this. It's a strange combo that ends up going great together! Really enjoyed the sweetness you get "at the end of each bite" from the brown sugar. I baked in a 13x2 egg shaped cake pan with excellent results.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger then put in a round roasting pan and set aside ,.
- Cook chopped bacon till tender not crispy add to hamburger.
- Saute chopped onion till transparent add to first two
- Drain the juices from all three cans of beans saving it
- Put all beans into the hamburger mixture mix well.
- To the reserved juices you will add the last four ingredients.
- Lastly you mix all together well , cook in oven at 350.F for one hour.
- Don,t over cook ,
- Check often if it,s drying out add a little water and stir often
- Don,t over cook , Enjoy served with plain rice and your choice of vegges.