Recipe by Dib's
Easy, fast and it works in a pinch-still better than the jar stuff.
Top Review by Connie K
We really liked this! I used the dried ancho chilis, and removed the seeds before rehydrating them. I also put the entire can of tomatoes in the blender. I got a nice, chunky salsa. Thanks! We'll be using this again.
- 2 ancho chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 3 teaspoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- If you can only find dried ancho chilies remove stems and cut into 1 inch pieces, cover with boiling water and let stand for 30 min.
- Drain the chilies and put into a blender with 1/2 of the tomatoes and juice.
- Process until semi smooth.
- Add this and all remaining ingredients into a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.