Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great appetizer for New Years Eve! Source: "Recipes from the Wineries of the Great Lakes" by Joe Borrello
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup blush wine or 1⁄4 cup rose wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- Just mix it all together until it looks right.
- Chill 'til 15 mins before ready to use.
- If you want to use it as a dip, add more wine until thin enough.
- For the diet conscious, substitute no- or low-fat cheeses.
- Variations: You could roll this in chopped parsley or finely chopped nuts or "whatever floats your boat"!