Recipe by IHeartBobert
This is the recipe that came with the Gingerbread House Cookie Pan that we bought this holiday season.
- 5 -5 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Melt shortening in a large saucepan, let it cool slightly.
- Add sugar, molasses, and eggs; mix well.
- Add 4 cups dry ingredients and mix well.
- Turn mixture onto lightly floured surface. Kneed in remaining dry ingredients by hand. Add a little more flour if necessary to make a firm dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts (this recipe makes 2 giant cookies).
- Spray your pan with vegetable pan spray, press dough portion into prepared pan.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, let cool in pan 5 minutes.